I just noticed that all the sessions are now up on the EMC World Website. The breakout session I delivered at EMC World together with slides and the brainshark recording are available here:
Here are some sessions that I would highly recommend listening to:
1. Transforming Disaster Recovery With Continuous Availability: Delivered by Gordon MacArthur and David Edborg from our Assured Availability Services, this is a practitioner’s view into how Continuous Availability delivers business value. Link to slides. Link to brainshark recording.
2. VPLEX: Advanced Technology Deep Dive For VMware HA and FT over Distance: Delivered by the always entertaining Olly Shorey. (@shorestor), this talks about my favorite topic. Link to slides. Link to brainshark recording.
Here were two keynotes that I enjoyed enormously at the show
1. Transform Enterprise Storage to Create Business Value: Delivered by Brian Gallagher, President of the Enterprise Storage Division. Extremely creative way to talk about VPLEX!
2. Flash Unleashed with VNX Innovations: Delivered by Rich Napolitano, President of the Unified Storage Division. The Peek into the Future section was extremely insightful and shows the power of Multi-Core.
What an amazing week at EMC World. A big thank you to customers / partners / SEs for the tremendous interaction and feedback.
With EMC World and other activities going on, here are two more videos talking about using VPLEX continuing from the Big Ideas series.
1. VPLEX For Migrations
2. Simplifying Continuous Data Availability
Do take a look at both of these. They provide a simple way to understand some more benefits that VPLEX provides.
The annual journey to the Venetian is but a day away with EMC World kicking off on Monday. Are YOU planning on being there?
I have the privilege of presenting the VNX with VPLEX: Delivering Continuous Operations session at this year’s EMC World. The session runs twice – once on Tuesday at 5:30 PM PT and on Wednesday at 2:30 PM PT. Should be a fun session – here is hoping you can join us!
I also have the pleasure of presenting on two topics at the VMware booth (short 10 – 15 mins booth presentations) – one at 8:00 PM PT on Monday and another on Wednesday at 12 noon. If you are in the Solutions Exchange area at those times, please stop by and say hi.
Apart from this, there are a ton of VPLEX, RecoverPoint and VMAX sessions on-going. Please see the full list here. Apart from this, there are kiosks on the Solutions Exchange floor manned by engineers to help you understand what VPLEX does and answer any questions you may have.
We are also available to answer any questions you have via a forum on the EMC Community Network (ECN). Please post questions here. We would love to hear from you!
Earlier this year, Paul Danahy and I presented a public webcast which covered Continuous Operations with VPLEX and VMware. I have been getting questions about where to find the content and the slides. Since these might be of general use, I am posting them here.
Continuous Operations with VPLEX and VMware
To hear the talk track you will need to register on the above web site.
PDF file for the presentation: